Ripp
(.577 member)
20/02/18 01:19 PM
Hunter-crushed-to-death-falling-elephant

Not sure this has been posted before but just saw this in the latest issue of Sports Afield Magazine..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...i-a7748231.html

DarylS
(.700 member)
20/02/18 05:20 PM
Re: Hunter-crushed-to-death-falling-elephant

Bloody nasty way to go, but likely not as bad as being torn apart by crocs or ripped apart by hyenas.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/02/18 01:15 PM

Quite possible to have an elephant fall on one, especially if it shot while attacking you.

Claydog
(.375 member)
21/02/18 01:42 PM

Tough all round that one. Need to also feel for the guy who shot the animal. Would not be feeling too good about it.

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/02/18 01:48 PM

Quote:

Tough all round that one. Need to also feel for the guy who shot the animal. Would not be feeling too good about it.

Realistically if the victim has already being held up in the attacking elephants trunk, he may already have been dead, or injured so badly he would die.

Thhe other guy might feel badly, but what else could one do? wait for the elephant to smash his body down and turn it into mincemeat. Or remove limbs off the torso. For all we know this may already have happened anyway. Got to shoot and hope for the best for the victim.

The story probably does not tell the whole story and certainly not a blow by blow account of what happened. As is proper and decent in professional journalism, not to give such a graphic account.

ozhunter
(.400 member)
21/02/18 04:09 PM

Quote:

Quite possible to have an elephant fall on one, especially if it shot while attacking you.

I had two of my mates in Mozambique that almost had that happen after unprovoked attacks by big bulls whilst I was there on sepperate occasions.
over a stiff drink the night of the second instance, the PH told me he expected to be dead!

DarylS
(.700 member)
21/02/18 05:10 PM

IIRC, John Buhmiller had a buffalo's head land in his lap. Seems to me, that bruised him up a bit.

Ripp
(.577 member)
22/02/18 12:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I had two of my mates in Mozambique that almost had that happen after unprovoked attacks by big bulls whilst I was there on sepperate occasions.
over a stiff drink the night of the second instance, the PH told me he expected to be dead!

Actually have had a couple myself..once in Zim hunting with the PH Nixon...another time with my late friend Ian Gibson..both times were way closer than I care to experience again..

Elephant are nasty creatures...

Ripp

lancaster
(.470 member)
22/02/18 06:43 AM

sorry about it but was a honourable dead

93x64mm
(.416 member)
22/02/18 07:07 AM

Terrible all round, my condolences to the family as a whole & the hunting party as well.

Rockdoc
(.400 member)
27/02/18 05:56 PM

RIP Theunis.

Latest Sports Afield has an article about him hunting a man-eating lion over hounds in ZA. Was a good article and mentioned he was killed recently by an elephant.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com