crkennedy1
(.375 member)
30/09/09 01:46 AM
Back from Africa

Africa was an awesome experience and it went way too fast. As a first-timer I hunted planes game. Here are a couple of pictures of my kudu and blesbok. According to my PH, my duiker will easily make the Rowland Ward record book with 5 1/2" hornes. I'll try and post that photo later. Christopher

450_EXPRESS
(.333 member)
30/09/09 07:17 AM
Re: Back from Africa

Congratulations, looks like you had a great time.

9.3x57
(.450 member)
30/09/09 01:29 PM

Nice going and congratulations!

Now there's a Kennedy I like!!

tophet1
(.400 member)
30/09/09 02:36 PM

Welcome back mate,

How did the .30-06 go ? Please right a full report and post more pictures when you get time.

John

crkennedy1
(.375 member)
30/09/09 10:44 PM

The .30-06 worked like a charm! Practice really does make perfect - I shot exactly 7 bullets in Africa. The first shot was to site-in my gun to make sure the scope was still on. The other six shots were one-shot kills of the six animals that I took. As I mentioned, the duiker is record book class, which was very exciting. The picture will follow along with a wart hog that I harvested at 250 yards! I've got to get ready for work, but I will post more pictures later of the other animals and other photos of interest. It was a great trip!

mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
30/09/09 11:39 PM

Congratulations! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

As you may know, we do have a web-zine and we do love reading articles about hunts here. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

If you have time and feel like it, an article about your hunt would be much appreciated.

Hope you have many great hunts in the future too!

shakari
(.400 member)
01/10/09 12:15 AM

Congratulations on a great hunt and congratulations also on such good images.

mikeh416Rigby
(.450 member)
01/10/09 04:02 AM

Nicely done. You look justifiably proud. Can't wait to hear the full report.

Ripp
(.577 member)
01/10/09 11:38 AM

Congrats on your hunt---looks like you had a great time..
I too look forward to reading about your hunt..

When you going back? You know you will..

Ripp

rigbymauser
(.400 member)
02/10/09 06:19 AM

Glad you liked Afrika.
Thanks for sharing

ovny
(.375 member)
03/10/09 07:09 PM

Nice trophy, congratulations.

Oscar.

Shackleton
(.300 member)
05/10/09 01:46 PM

Nice pics and trophies-yet another of my dreams. As much as I want to hunt in Africa, my elk comes first though. Don't know if it will happen this way, but my "dream" elk hunt is a few days of camping on the hunt and using a US service rifle to take the elk-M1 or 03 Springfield. Africa is another story. A few plains species interest me,but I want a Cape buffalo-who doesn't?

crkennedy1
(.375 member)
19/10/09 06:20 AM

Hi Guys, Sorry that I haven't gotton on here to tell you more about my African safari - it's hard to describe just how awesome it was. After dreaming for so many years of going - it went WAY too fast. The only problem with going was now the desire to return. My second goal is to hunt Alaska, perhaps moose, carabu or brown bear, then Africa again... It boils down to two things - time & money. Anyway, here is a collage of photos that I feel nicely summarize my African dream...

P.S. I'll let you know how high the duiker goes in Rowland Ward when the taxidermist finishes his work (February/March 2010).

tophet1
(.400 member)
19/10/09 03:46 PM

Nice work with the collage. Now you need to write us a story.

crkennedy1
(.375 member)
20/10/09 09:56 AM

I just wrote a LONG story about my African safari and when I sent it, I got the following message came back: "The form you have submitted is no longer valid." WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??? So, I'm not going to spend another hour writting it again! So, here's more pictures - you can all fill in the blanks yourselves! Let's just put it this way - Africa was an AWESOME EXPERIENCE!

]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com