338User
(.224 member)
09/02/08 08:49 AM
Re: .338 Win Mag VS .375 H&H

Aussie Hunter
Just re-reading your posts I realise you don't reload yet. If you are only looking at factory ammo you can get Winchester, Federal, Remington, PMC, Hornady and Norma 338 Win Mag Ammo in Austalia. The Winchester and Federal offerings are more readily available and in my experience the others cost a bit more for little or no extra benefit. So from Winchester and Federal's offerings for Buff you can choose from 3 all from Federal. Either P338B2 which is loaded with the 250gn Nosler Partion, P338K which is loaded with the 225gn Barnes TSX or P338T1 which is loaded with Speer's 225gn Trophy Bondeed Bear Claw. My personal choice out of those would be the Barnes TSX. This is a tough all copper hollow point bullet which is renowned for deep penetration. These are all premium ammo offerings which will cost (depending on store) around $50 to $60 per box. For pigs you can use the standard offerings such as Winchester Super-X with the 200gn power point bullet, or Federal Powershok with the 225gn Speer Hot Core bullet. I would personally pick the Federal load for pigs, but they are both around $37 per box (depending on store) and they will both do the job (the pigs won't tell the difference).

Contact Us NitroExpress.com