Ripp
(.577 member)
02/01/08 02:48 PM
Re: Remington to Acquire Marlin Firearms...

Personally I don't think they will change style--at least I hope not--I like Marlins and have a couple myself--one in the model 39A --in 22 caliber and another in the cowboy octagon barrel in 45-70--love to shoot both of them and practice quite a bit of off hand shooting with the little 22..

**Incidently the little 39A-Marlin--22 rimfire--"Micro-grove" --is the longest running rifle still being manufactured by the company that originated it..move than 2.2 million have been sold to date..impressive..

I grew up with Remingtons and personally really like how they feel--but really feel their quality has diminished..

Also really like the Ultra-mag calibers--own one of each--the 300 is probably my favorite--I have one in a HS Precision Rifle--shoots 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards all day long if I do my part...including African game I have probably taken 40 plus game animals with the gun...

**Another footnote to this entire "Remington" thing--saw for 2008 they are also offering a Mauser 98 style action in .375 H&H and 458 Win mag calibers..suggested retail on them is $1100--I am guessing street price will be $900 and change..

Remington seems to be attempting to compete against the resurrected Winchester company--good luck with that one--

Just read an article this weekend on a test they did with the new model 70's--seemed to be a much improved product over the garbage they were turning out at the end.. I am really looking forward to get my hands on one of the new Winchesters..if it is as described I will be the owner of several--only problem I have seen thus far is the large bores were not offered as of yet--the largest per the article was 338 caliber..hopefully they will be doing some .375 and larger as time goes on..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com