DarylS
(.700 member)
23/12/07 01:19 PM
Re: "45-70 is the way to go from Ele to T Rex "

Quote:

Needless to say the shot wasn't perfect and the result was poor.
Interesting!!!

; This statement should have read: "Needless to say the result was poor because the hunter was a lousey shot. It wouldn't have mattered what he shot the buff in the guts with."

; As to the premise that .375" or the others have "more capacity" - which capacity? The .50 Alaskan,(4 or 5 rounds) properly loaded is in the same playing field as the .458 WMag.- (same case capacity, too, just a bigger bore, bigger smack at the same pressures) and is certainly better than a .375 in a fight. No, I haven't used one on buffalo. I don't need to - it's obvious to anyone who's shot large game with both - I have. That .50 Alaskan is one great round for hunting big game. What I've found is that most people who buy guided hunts are not hunters, not shooters and many don't even know how to remove the bolt from their bolt rifle. Makes me wonder if they've ever cleaned it. Mnay can not hit a standard 100 yard target at 50 yards unless they are shooting off a bench complete with sand bags. Some hunters are very fine shots, but poor game shots. The shakes really screws them up. Some are medicre target shots, yet on game have shown themselves to be cool, calm and collected and hit perfectly, every time. The bullets always striking within 2-1/2" of their desired impact zone. That will kill deer, moose and elk every time.
; Is that why some people buy doubles? [;)]

Contact Us NitroExpress.com