Ripp
(.577 member)
08/08/07 09:36 PM
Re: .243 or 7mm

Again, I am merely going by my experiences and what I have visited with others about.. sorry but I am not buying the story that someone merely picks up a rifle, new and cycles the bolt and the handle comes off.. something is amiss with that entire deal..

As to the extractor--as I mentioned I have hunted several members of the big 5 with the Remington Custom shop .416 without so much as hiccup... again, IMHO, a lot of this has been severely over blown to journalist and those that need to write about something for a story in the next magazine. I visited with my booking agent yesterday in Wyoming on several issues and I mentioned some of this to him..he said he has shot competitively, booked clients for over 45 years on hunts and has NEVER heard once of this occuring.. not I am not saying it can't happen.. simply stating that it is severely overblown.. personally, when I go next year to hunt lion and cape buffalo, I will be taking again the Remington along with my double Westely Richards 470---however the Remington will probably be doing most of the work and I feel perfectly comfortable with that..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com