IronBuck
(.300 member)
25/07/06 11:10 AM
Re: 35 Whelen Report

I have a box of 100 Hornady 250 grain round nose 358s. I have a load that shoots just under an inch and is a hair under 2500 fps. I had no idea Hornady stopped making them........i'll have to stock up when I run aross them.

I have another Whelen that has been in the works for over a year now. A Zastava Left hand Mauser action, Gentry 3 position safety, 23" Douglas #4 barrel. I bought a blank of Circassion walnut from Ray Atkinson over at AR. The whole thing has been with a gun smith here in the states that specializes in custom mausers.HIs name is Gary Stiles. It is due to be complete in the spring............a LONG wait, but it should be worth it. Gary will also be changing the bolt handle, the magazine release, cleaning up the agricultural Zastava action, making it more presentable & usable. I can't wait to get it back.

I have one more Left hand Mauser action left after this one...........but that is another story

The 35 Whelen has become my favorite round to hunt with here in the states. It is a true bang/flop gun. It just drops game like nothing else I've used. Even faster than when I've hit them with my 300 win mag.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com