260rem
(.375 member)
10/07/06 02:03 AM
Remington XCR (375H&H)

I finally picked up my new big game rifle recently a Remington XCR in 375H&H with a 2.2-7X36 Kahles scope. The 1st time that I fired it I was very surprised by the recoil to say the least as it was about the same as a 7mm rem mag but with more push and less jump and not as much bite.
After I got home I lightened the trigger a little to about 2lbs and set it a bit crisper and as I have a good 3-5mm space in the mag to seat the projectiles out I can see this being a very accurate big game outfit indeed.

As for the mechanics it is one of the smoothest and best functioning rifles I have ever bought new. With a little wearing in it will be very smooth indeed, feeding from the magazine is flawless and ejection is strong and very positive. The surface finish is blemish free and there was no sign of tool marks and the stock fit was perfect.

Over all while I don?t like buying any firearm sight unseen my previous experience didn?t let me down in my opinion there definitely on a winner here.

I find the XCR to be a great buy and after some extensive testing I would say that for a fairly big bore it has many fine qualities
1) It has quite reasonable recoil from the bench but more then a box of ammo and it starts to bruise a bit.
2) In the rain I caries very well and those Hogue grips provide the best feel and the firmest most stable grip on any rifle I have held. No matter how wet or how slippery it got I always had a perfect grip and total rifle control at all times and I just made me feel confident in my outfit no matter the weather.
3) That after all the rain and mud and gunk it wiped clean very easy and showed no signs of having been out in the weather except on the rings that are the only part not stainless.
4) From the shoulder it is very balanced and has very manageable almost pleasant recoil with a lot of push and very little bite.
5) And cleaning is a dream.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com