Jake
(.224 member)
11/03/06 03:43 AM
Argentine Mauser and the .375 and the 416 Rem. Mag

For years I've used my .375 which has been worked over to use the longer cartridge....with never a problem. The feeding ramp had to be shortened and the magazine box lengthened and of course this would need to be done IF the same action or similar action (like an '03 Springfield) was used. Years ago I had a Springfield custom in .375 and the bullets were seated well into the shell case like an extra 1/8" and a small amount was taken out of the feeding ramp.

Now I realize the bullet had to 'jump' into the rifling a tad but it was a great shooter nonetheless. Seems I never see a Springfield custom in .375 and am wondering if the action is questionable in strength. Some Springfields under 3 million in serial # were softer according to a gunsmith I was very acquainted with and he would stay away from these.

That being said, since the OAL of the .375 and the .416 Rem. Mag. are the same, what results (if any) show the two don't go hand in hand ?? Too big of a stretch for a standard length action ??? Thanks for your input.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com