NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/01/06 06:35 PM
Re: CZ 452M in .22 Magnum rebarrelled to .17 HMR

Daryl

Thanks for the reply.

I have a CZ452 in .22 Magnum with a schnabel forend and the usual European type styling. I will probably leave that rifle as is as I still want a good .22 Magnum around the farm.

I prefer the European styling to the usual CZ .17 HMR stock on the factory rifles currently being sold. I also like the CZ far better than the competition. Otherwise I could just go to a gunshop and buy a factory rifle as is.

So I am thinking of looking around for a second-hand CZ in .22 Magnum and having it re-barrelled to .17 HMR. Obviously the barrel can be in any condition, the worse the better if price reflects it!

I have always like the idea of a rimfire calibre around the .17 calibre in something like a .22 Magnum case. I do a lot of shooting and hunting in vine rows and the plain one .22 rimfire is too prone to ricocheting for my liking. I want a cartridge with a fragile bullet so if I miss the rabbit, hare or fox, the bullet fragments easily. Obviously a good and safe backdrop is still mandatory but if it is a little safer it is a plus. My .222 with fragile bullets used to do a grand job as well, but it can be a little loud for the neighbours.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com