DarylS
(.700 member)
19/01/06 03:50 AM
Re: 375 H&H 300 gr bullets

Well, OK - I'll give you my load, but it isn't for the .375 H&H -
: 59.0gr. H4895 with Sierra BT and CCI 250 primer, giving 2,710fps. It is a maximum load in my rifle. That was for my .375/06IMP, 25" barrel, as stated in my first post - NOT the .375H&H. For a deer load in your H&H, you could duplicate my load for around 2,350fps in your larger magnum case.
: I'd suggest you use something like IMR4064 in the 69gr. range and go from there as 4064 is an exceptionally accurate powder in that case.
: The Barnes manual lists their 250gr. standard bare "X" bullet(& solid), which usually developes slightly more pressure & lower velocities than the softer jacketed, lead core ones, going to 2,897fps with IMR4320, 2,872fps with IMR4064 and 2,840fps with H4895. These loads, unlike the ones in my old Hodgdon manual, are loaded on 'modern' pressure equipment to SAMMI max specs.
: When one has loaded ammo for a considerabe length of time, they collect many different reloading manuals. I suggest you buy the Speer and Hornady manuals as minimum purchases - both giving good, much needed information. As well as those, I've also accumulated AccArms, Lyman, Pacific, VitVoui, Nosler, Sierra, Waters, Wolf Publishing Wildcats, Barnes and several issues of the standards back to the early 60's. This is just to show, one should keep adding to one's library.
: The small, yearly magazine-type handbook by Hodgdon is another good, cheap source of data with is updated yearly, showing quite a number of wildcats and the newest factory rounds as well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com