grandveneur
(.400 member)
06/11/23 09:47 PM
Re: Are Iron Sights Obsolete?

Quote:

Can you elaborate without being rude? Just interested.

Perhaps you mean the "gentleman" huntersthe client hunter type whether in Scotland or Africa where for examplethe gamekeeper carries the rifle for the client.The PH or gamekeeper has the binoculars and sights the game. Works out the stalk. Positions the didn't hunter. Tells the the animal to shoot and where to shoot it. The client pulls the trigger, hands the rifle back Later the beast is delivered to the game skinning room the triumphant hunter toasts his success with a Scotch. ???

Not much hands on A rifle already setup to be theoretically full proof is loaned to the client.

I remember the Brit approach when hunting Roebuck in Northumberland Not as bad as I describe sarcastically above, but I get the picture. I did get to sit in a highseatby myself for a few hours in the middle of the day.

I don't need to explain it in more detail because you have already explained it very well.

I am not criticizing that, one can definitely go hunting with a tie and a tweet suit and then to carry a matching rifle, for certain circumstances built in such a way that the hunter believes that he is optimally equipped for the "extreme" wilderness of the Scottish highlands.

All of this is definitely not my hunting style, despite it I still like the David Lloyd rifles, but I would never take such a rifle with me to Africa or to the mountains of Central Asia.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com