NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/11/22 06:38 PM
Re: Back to Basics: How to Use Iron Sights On a Rifle

I posted the link more as a beginner's article. Or for shooters who may never have used anything but scopes.

I'm a firm believer everyone should start with open sights. Especially youth, open sight air rifle or rimfire .22. Learn to shoot first.

But I think asking modern youths to start with iron sights would have them looking at you as a dinosaur.

But if I'm buying, it's my rules ...

I think it would be accurate to say my owners of rifles with express sights have never used the other leaves.

I still have to try them on my Jeffery DR .450. it would be interesting to see how firing right and left goes at each.or just the right and just the left at each range and leaf. Could one of these options hit say a 9 or 12 inch circle? I doubt the 500 yard leaf would. But using the herd logic, could it hit a larger target?

Interesting comment on this thread about shooting at a herd. A dropped beast being meat on the table. A wounded lost beast? In the absence of ethics, potentially hundreds more to try.

It is noticeable in early safari and exploration African books, shooting multiple times and wounded beasts lost, is much more acceptable. Animal welfare was not a general concept then.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com