Ripp
(.577 member)
01/11/22 04:46 AM
Re: McLaughlin Firearms Custom 28 Nosler..Defiance action/Proof

Its been a few years.. still using this combo exclusively in Montana for elk and deer. Has become probably my favorite all around rifle honestly. Really happy that back in 2018 I bought a lot of primers, powder, brass and bullets.. Have not had to buy any since and probably, at least for hunting purposes, will not have to for many years to come, if ever... I probably have 500 new brass or more.. 16lbs of powder, several thousand primers and bullets to match..

Have used it on a few more elk, all with the same result.. the 175gr A-Frame really hammers them..near or far... have never recovered a bullet...

Made me think of this rifle/caliber combo last week with the introduciton of the latest & greatest 7PRC... Have no issue with new calibers.. frankly enjoy reading and trying most of them. In this case however I believe I'm good with what I currently have in my crop of assorted 7mm caliber rifles.

I have several gun builder friends who tell me this caliber is by far the most successful Nosler caliber as to popularity and overall is still being requested a lot by their clients.. WIll it last?? Who knows..It certainly will for me for as long as I care to as I have enough reloading options/supplies to last me until I take my dirt nap..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com