3DogMike
(.400 member)
01/11/22 04:02 AM
Re: 7mmPRC..Honrady's latest...

900 yards……..and how many Elk get merely wounded and run off to die later? Takes quite awhile to cover 900 yards (often uphill or across a drainage) for an average guy to get to where that animal was shot.

Quick story: I have some friends/acquaintances that are late 20's to early 30's that are all about long range shooting and "hunting" (spit). A year ago (2021 season) they were out after Black Bear with various highly touted 6.5's and a .300 "big boomer express" & all with the latest turret BDC scopes. Shots taken at 700-900 yards (laser ranged).
End of "hunt" result? 3 separate bears hit, knocked down, and then up & ran off…..never to be seen again. These guys had no remorse…..just ghoulish and disrespectful if you ask me.

Another note: While setting up and readying for that 900 yard shot, is anyone even considering that there just might be another hunter 400 yards uphill, properly stalking that animal, and is quite in the field of fire? Around my parts there is plenty of oak brush that is 4-5 feet tall which provides good cover for a stalk…..also camouflages said hunter from being spotted by the "900 yard" Bwana.

OK, rant concluded,
- Mike

ADDED: Ripp, your son did well.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com