NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
27/10/22 04:51 PM
Re: 7mmPRC..Honrady's latest...

Quote:

So why be bullish about the prospects for the 7 PRC? Unlike those other .284-caliber cartridges, the 7mm PRC is designed explicitly as an efficient platform for the heaviest 7mm bullets—those weighing 175 grains and more—allowing it to answer a need that no other 7mm magnum can do on a widespread basis. (Sorry 7mm Sherman fanboys.)

Based on my own experience at the range and in the field with the 7mm PRC, and the broad range of gun makers who have already committed to the cartridge—to say nothing of Hornady’s solid track record of successful introductions—the 7mm PRC is poised to enjoy a good run.

Why? Because we are paid to shill new stuff to sell more stuff.

Another Snow job ...

I'd like to see an honest line up of 7mm cartridges with realistic performance, velocities, case capacity etc . To see if this cartridge does anything new at all? Couldn't be bothered to do it as a zero care in it. Shorter. Straight walled. Ho him.

I'd like a 7x57/.275 Mauser, making a come back! A 7x64 is a respectable cartridge. I have a 7x65R the rimmed version. Haven't used it yet. If I wanted something new a 7 mm Remington Magnum! Something older, a 7 mm SEvH!

How marketing works. A product has a life. Development. Introduction. Core. Fall off. New product. Or new rebranding, new name, new labelling etc.

All these "new" cartridges are for is new sales. Sell another rifle, scope, modifications, dies, reloading components, stocks of ammunition etc.

If everyone just owned a 7x57 it would still do pretty much everything. But it would be boring. Because all the boring people would own one and not just us interesting people who like vintage and classic stuff. The bogans would have one instead of a magnum belted, rimless, straight walled sharp shouldered fat short 3000 metre long range 7mm BSM (Bull Shit More!).

T one time EVERYONE had to have a 7mm Rem Mag. I was happy with the more useful old 30-06.

I just like old cartridges. They still work 130 years later. I don't like marketing guys ......

PS I'll have to look at the pictures in that Snowjob article

Contact Us NitroExpress.com