DORLEAC
(.333 member)
18/10/22 05:37 AM
Re: Article for w@nkers ...

I have always considered that the caliber was the least important part as long as we remain reasonable.
Whatever people say, the 6.5 Creedmoor is an excellent cartridge that gives all its potential with high B.C 140/143 grains bullets.
To use a 6.5 Swedish on several rifles and more particularly for my mountains hunts, a simple Barrett "Fieldcraft" with a 1/8" twist barrel (rifle naturally reviewed and modified in our workshop) chambered in this excellent caliber.
I noticed with amusement that NORMA loads with the fabulous 143 grain Bondstrike Extrem bullet gives exactly the same ballistics (V° measured and confirmed) as the bullet comes out from the barrel of the 6.5 Swedish rifle or from my personal short actionned 6.5 Creedmoor handmade with the greatest care and using a match grade Lothar Walther 1/8" stainless barrel.
There is absolutely no difference in trajectory nor in accuracy!
This does not mean that one or the other is superior, they both remain in the standard of excellent medium calibers for mountain hunting.
I'm not concerned about these discussions, I have never made a difference in practical use between the .270W (the round with which I have killed the most chamois for more than fifty years), the 25-06 which I also used some time, the 6.5x55.SE or the Creedmoor.
The differences in the field remain negligible compared to human errors!

All the best.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Contact Us NitroExpress.com