Ripp
(.577 member)
02/10/22 01:58 AM
Re: Jack O'Connor on the 6.5 Creedmoor

Quote:

I agree on the .270, Ripp. My buddy's wife uses a .270 for everything now. It was Keith's Mom's rifle. Deer, bear (she has used a .358 Win.) moose and elk with good bullets that O'Conner never used (that I know of). She also got a really nice Kudu with the rifle, using a 130gr. TSX - 1 shot & down.

I agree concerning the 6.5x55, especially in a Swedish Mil. fast twist rifle being everything, power-wise, the 6.5 Creedmoor is today.
The only advantage the Creedoor has is in guilt edge accuracy, not needed in a hunting rifle at hunting ranges.

Agree--that and the CM can get by with the smaller action whereas the 6.5x55 is typically next size up..or so I'm told.. Believe SAAMI has it 2.825 vs 3.150...

The CM, per my experience is stupid accurate.. I have not shot it a LOT ..perhaps a few thousand rounds..but am always very happy with it..

ANOTHER STORY.. Last spring I picked up a Ruger American in 6 Creedmoor..only because during all the ammo shortage I always saw a lot of it sitting around.. FInally got around to shooting it last weekend.. Crazy for such an inexpensive rifle.. I was cleaning it between shots.. factory ammo.. 4 shot group .. .65 of an inch... going to be my fall truck gun..big enough to take most anything on the ranch and will reach right out there for coyotes..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com