NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
29/09/22 05:54 PM
Re: Red dot sights - non circle dots? Triangle or inverted V

I was asked by the Trijicon guys to write an independent article on the worth of the sights for ageing eyes on eg double rifles with otherwise open sights.

I had perfect eyesight at the time. I never got around to writing the article. I had a lot of trouble getting a simple obvious base to fit the rmr to a rifle. Trijicon USA wasn't interested ... An NE member, the Verney Carron dealer for the USA assisted and got me a couple of bases. The non battery Trijicon rmr are way too dim to use after the tritium has faded. I don't recommend these at all. The battery model has the battery access underneath ...wtf!?

One day I looked through my rmr sight and the dit was a star. I spoke to one of the trijicon guy, a member in here. And he said it was my eyesight. I didn't believe it. Took a photo and yes a nice circle, not a star. Bugger!

BwanaBob did say a triangle dot was also made. And might not star. Not listed on the website. And I don't want to have to buy one to see if it works or not.

A star would still be better than a blurred front sight. So far not an issue for me.

I dream of finding a red dot sight not blurred. I haven't looked through many.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com