NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
27/09/22 03:49 PM
Re: Red dot sights - non circle dots? Triangle or inverted V

Quote:

The Burris FastFire 4 is very low, much lower than most others and this is what I am mounting on my double. Otherwise all the others I have tried are way to high and you have to lift your head off the comb which makes for crappy and slow shooting.

Matt.

Looks good.

Four different reticles, 2x 3 MOA and 2x 11 MOA. The 11 MOA might be very inaccurate but should be fast. No doubt designed for shotgun wing shooting. IF it was on the 11 MOA reticle for buffalo, minute of buffalo chest would be OK, and fast during a charge. But fine brain shooting?

Marrakai, still no triangle V reticle! . No one is as smart and innovative as me.

Matt, where is the battery housing. Top or bottom? I pray it is not idiotic like trijicon and underneath! I couldn't see using one with the battery access underneath.

I see the point about needing to be low enough. I guess for guys with eyesight issues a red dot may be better enen if a little higher than blurred front of rear sights. So far I can use my open sights still. Touch wood. Though as mentioned the Trijicon dot is a star for my eyes. Does happen for all dot sights? Eg a Nightcore scope I have it's clear? I don't have any sights to compare.

Matt, please write up a review report for us. Thanks.

I'm thinking one of these might work on my Tikka 512SD with the 12g/7x65R barrels. A 3x MOA should be OK for the 7mm barrel out to 200m or 250m. And large enough for quicker shooting. The big circle with 3x MOA I think will work really well with a shotgun barrel. The 11 MOA for very quick close running rifle shooting. Or excellent for quick shotgun. 4x reticles, can pick and choose for the likely scenario.

My Tikka stock allows me to sight along the shotgun rib well. Used it on the weekend. But also have not had problems using a scope. The 9.3x74R barrels have a scope. The 12g/.223 barrels have a 1-4x scope.

The first DR SS I would try a sight like this is my Baikal .45/70. I think it has dovetail grooves already.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com