Ripp
(.577 member)
29/06/22 11:10 PM
Re: Gunwerks New Nexus Rifle.. switch barrel,,

Quote:

So then my next question on the performance you experienced is what were the impact velocities on the game animals you hit with the Accubonds out of your .300 RUM? As you know well, muzzle velocity is one thing, but what actually matters is the actual impact velocity on the animal at 200 yards or whatever the distance was.

I am not arguing or disagreeing with what you said, just trying to establish a better frame of reference.

I do not shoot any of the RUM's or the Nosler chamberings. Had a 26 Nosler at one point and got rid of it. Too be honest when I thought about it after reading your post, I don't think I have ever used an Accubond our of anything that is a high velocity chambering. No real reason for that other than I have been shooting a lot of monometal offerings in recent years and that is what I usually had in the fast cartridges.

I have used Accubonds in the .270 Win and they have always worked great...that being 130 or 140 grain bullets at their respective velocities. Also 165 grain in a .30-06. The 225 grain bullets out of a .338 Win Mag and 260 and 300's out of a .375 H&H. So I have not really strained them with ultra high velocity cartridges...they have always had E-tips, Barnes, CEB or Peregrine leaving the barrel.

I have used the A-frames a fair amount over the years...when I could get them...but again out of more "moderate" chamberings when it comes to muzzle velocity. They always do what they are suppose to as those who have used them a fair bit know.

The impact velocity was on the higher side..I had those 180s going 3370fps..shots in Afica are much closer than most of what I do here in Montana..would say they were 150 yrds or less..some much less..

I shot an impala one day fore leopard bait and blew the fetus right out of the doe..

First animal I shot was a waterbuck..took for shots to finally put it down..it dropped on every shot and got back up

I have had very good results in my 280AI with the accubonds..but.. also much lower velocity and most shots are 300 yards or more..the last Ibex was 430 ..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com