Ripp
(.577 member)
27/06/22 01:13 AM
Re: Gunwerks New Nexus Rifle.. switch barrel,,

Quote:

Carrying two firearms is an 8ncreasing impossibility. If hunting DG and plains game, making a .375, .404, or 416 a great idea."

Agreed! I added my Win 1895 .405 to the list. I hand load 210, 300, and 400 grain ammo for it and that covers about anything I want to shoot.

With the exception of my last trip to Africa, which was to Cameroon, I have always taken two. My 300RUM and 416Rem... Cameroon I just took one because of game in the area we were at as well as what I was hunting.. Plus heard lots of horror stories about getting in and out of there with all your gear.. Many of which proved to be true.. in that case I just took a 375H&H.. again took that in case my ammo didn't show up, which it didn't thankfully the PH has numerous boxes of it.. When I left they made me aware my ammo was at the airport. Which was given to me at that time so I gave it to the outfitter..

Ammo was originally held up at that liberal bastion Paris airport. BTW, have had issues every time I go through Paris, WAY to many liberals working there is all I an figure.. or dumb and lazy --OR all of the above. One of my hunting buddies has had the same issue at least 8 times. So now if at all possible I/we avoid Paris.

IF I were to go hunting in the wilds of places like Zim. again, My light rifle would be a .375.. I have stated this before and will again.. You never know what your going to bump into or how all the scenarios will play out during your time there.. A LOT can happen and the PH is NOT always there to assist.. Usually yes, always, NO..as it should be.. I will leave it there.. If headed to a hunt in a more controlled area like S Africa, different story..

My 300RUM and 416REM were good combos just the same.. Loaded 200gr A-Frames in the 300RUM and 400gr A-Frames in the 416.. BOTH hit game really hard.. 99% one shot kills.. Really like those bullets..

Just a few thoughts...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com