Ripp
(.577 member)
26/06/22 09:48 AM
Re: Gunwerks New Nexus Rifle.. switch barrel,,

Quote:

Quote:

One day one of these article writers for hire will be on NE and have a go at me in return.

Well I kind of think you are safe. I cannot ever remember a cartridge that managed to get so much play in the gun rags and applicable social media sites. For a while there it seemed like every magazine, paper, etc. had full blown articles on the cartridge and dozens of writers seemed to have taken possession of a rifle chambered in the round. Has to be one of the biggest marketing pushes I have ever seen.

For a while it seemed like every hunter/shooter I know had read about the 6.5 CM and was in a huge snot to get one. Now however, I can say that in the firearms for sale sites I keep an eye on, there are more used rifles chamber in 6.5 CM for sale than you can shake a stick at. Of the guys I have talked to that are selling, they all seem to have satisfied their curiosity and are now on to the next wonder cartridge.

In the mean time...and this is no doubt due to the aging process...I just bought myself a nice little Husqvarna 1600 chambered in the ancient 6.5x55. It is in excellent condition and similar to a Husky I owned many years ago. A sweet handling little rifle that has a degree of nostalgia attached to it in my case. Good chance the deer I whack with it will not be perturbed they were not sent over the rainbow bridge by one of the newer 6.5's.

Well, in this neck of the woods it still seems to be really popular.. LR circuit and hunters both.. For what it is, its one heck of a cartridge.. no more no less perhaps than some others..but has really caught on . In the local gun shops.. its amazing how many are still being sold and how many new rifles are still being produced in that caliber..apparently demand is still there ..

My opinion, many items in the hunting world have improved with time.. Metal is better now than it was 50 years ago, scopes are better than they were 50 years ago, bullets are better (bonded vs non), cartridges are no different.. Might be a slight tweak here and there that won't make much difference to most..but for those who it will, the advantages are there..

AND.. People are really going to love this.. a 7PRC was just announce about 4 hours ago..posted a YOUTUBE video on it a bit ago.. lots of choices that I am sure will not be here 10 years from now..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com