Ripp
(.577 member)
27/01/22 03:50 AM
Re: Question for 22-250 Rem standard or Ackley Improved version

Quote:

Those TSX and TTSX bullets are amazing when you shoot them light for calibre and fast as you can.
That's what they were actually designed for, shoot lighter bullets flatter for the same killing ability.

For some reason people can't let that simple idea sink into their heads.
A 130gn TTSX will kill big game better in a 30-06 then a 168gn will. Even from a 300 WSM the 130gn will out kill a 168gn.

I have loaded 100gr TSX for 2 customs I have built chambered in .257Weatherby.. have them loaded at 3670fps.. H1000 powder.. It is very deadly on game.. have used it on elk, deer, pronghorn, bears and coyotes..

I remember once shooting a buck horn out there a ways. Was bedded down with a group of doe's.. he was actually sleeping.. I slipped in as close as the terrain would allow but they were bedded down in the middle of a praire dog town.. Had my rifle rested on a bipod.. waited for a very long time..he finally woke up.. and then stood up.. I fired.. saw fur flying off the backside of him after the shot.. he dropped like a rock.. impressive sight to see..

Personally on game the size of elk however, I still prefer a bonded bullet like a Swift A-Frame.. just seems to thump them a bit more when hit..but, that's me.. each to their own..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com