NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/09/21 03:50 PM
Re: 7x66 Vom Hofe Super Express.

Quote:

Quote:

WOW - great pictures and cool hunt, Enrico.
Beautiful country - breathtakingly beautiful.

Italian Dolomiti.

Doc

Turned on the TV at lunch and being shown was some spectacular Italian mountain scenery, lovely rushing mountain rivers and streams and waterfalls. Beautiful alpine forests. Stark rocky peaks.

Then the beautiful scenery devolved into a boring bike sporting race commentary. Not interested in that.

But was interested to see where it was. The Va di Sole - Trentino. I accidently grafted some buds onto my vines through a purchase of "old vine shiraz" cuttings, som "Moscato Rosa di Trentino". The grower selling them to my grafting contractor, either accidentally mixed up bundles of cuttings or decided to make a quick buck. Moscato Rosa di Trentino is a pink variety of Moscato grapes. My buying winemaker decided he desired them, to make a pink fortified wine. Moscato is often made into a semi sweet pink cheaper wine. But it is will be interesting to see if a nice fortified works out. At the moment the four or so rows of Semillon vines which were supposed to be grafted to Shiraz but instead to a Moscato Rosa, are cropping only a very small yield. No many vines in the four rows, and also the grafts need to grow stronger. But I like the idea of these Moscato Rosa di Trentino and the possibilities of a different Barossa wine from them.

So was interested to see the lovely alpine valleys of the Trentino area of NE Italy. In the same region as where our friend Dotchicco hunted in this thread. In the Italian Dolomiti.

I really want to visit the alpine region of Italy one day. The scenery is magnificent. The air and atmosphere must be breathtaking. And perhaps combine it with a "tax deductible research trip". To see how the Trentini Moscato's are made and used.

This is assuming the covid BS ever finishes, personal travel and freedoms are restored from the currtent Stalinist regimes, and the covid un-vaxxed like me are ever let out of our cages ....

Such a beautfitul part of Italy and Italy is such a beautiful country. I have visited it at least three times. A fourth to the Dolomites, Piedmont, in the North and maybe sunny hot Sicilia in the South. Lovely.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com