DarylS
(.700 member)
07/06/21 09:21 AM
Re: Can- the 264-Winchester-mag -rise-from-dead?? by Spoomer

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't realise it was dead. My favourite calibre Started with adverts in the outdoor magazine when I was a kid. Finally found a push feed M70 and used it for years. Chris now ownes it and has taken plenty of game with it. I imported a M70 featherweight and liked it but the Pre 64 bug got a hold of me and now I have a pre 64 in 264WM.
Great cal with good ballistics, I run 125 partitions, 120 ACP's, 140 accubonds and 140 PPSN's. Kills well, great on fallow.
winchester Pre 64 M70 264WM 140 accubond

Agree with you --the 264Win. mag is an awesome caliber.. have used it myself for elk, deer, pronghorn, etc.. very accurate and very hard hitting..

Like you, was bitten by the bug some time ago in regards to this caliber.. will always have one or more.. just a very good all around caliber..

BTW, Great pics--congrats...

I also heard about the .264WinMag. At the time, I thought it was a bit big for the groundhogs back in Ontario at the time, so I bought a 6.5RemMag instead. Killed a lot of hogs with it, using 87gr. Hornady HP's with 60gr. H414 and 100gr. Speer HP's loaded with 56gr. same powder. It was dynamite on 11-13 pound ground hogs. My late buddy Warren, used to say "lets see how high you can lift this one!" It was just a big WHOP - then slow motion air time!
No - not a .264 - that one hung on longer than the shorter Remington.
I did end up with a Winchester post 64 m70 in .264", but with the ridiculous 22" bl. my daughter's .260 CLC matched it for speed - 3,308fps with 120gr. XLC's.(blue coated X bullets)

Contact Us NitroExpress.com