EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
30/05/21 10:39 PM
Whats your "go to" rifle

We all have rifles for this and rifles for that; but Im guessing most of us have THAT rifle, that we grab most of the time. Sure we have light rifles for varmints and heavier rifles for medium game and even true heavies, and maybe even a THAT rifle for each category.

For ME it used to be my Tikka T3 in 30-06. It was a true one hole gun (at least once). It was my perfect gun for any kind of N American game I was likely to hunt. Yeah I might want something else for Brownies but that's another THAT rifle, my 375 H&H.

My point is that I have other guns that would fill those roles, I even bought many of the "others" after I was sure the THAT rifle was perfect--but thats another story. My current THAT rifle, isnt a rifle at all. Its a SxS thats shoots slugs from both barrels into a 3" group at 50 yards. Ive used it for Wild Boar with head shots and as youd expect one shot kills. I wouldnt hesitate to use it for Whitetail or Black Bear. Im not much of a wing shooter but Id certainly give it a try for Dove and Im betting its the Easy Button for little furries. Its THAT for me because it works for my kind of hunting.

Im not ready to give up my other guns and I still want others but they just dont get used as much as I was sure they were when I bought'em

Whats yours?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com