NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
06/04/21 03:02 PM
Re: Ultimate fox medecine….

Very nice Joel/ Is it yours or for a client? Or on spec?

A rifle and cartridge very much in demand in Australia in those early days for the fox fur trade.

But no where near as nice and classy as this re-creation!

As again thank you very much for your support and participation on the NE forums amazing us with your quality work.

I want one of your rifles before you get too expensive!

I have never owned a .17 Remington. But it was as said much used on spotlight fox shooting for skins. Reportedly a broadside chest shot MIGHT damage the far side skin? I don't know. I lusted for a .17 K-Hornet. Never happened and continued with my carious and numerable .222s, .222R and now a .223. And .22 RFs and .22 M RFs. The sub-.22 centrefire or rimfire never acquired.

The rifle is way too lovely to "bang around" in the back of a utility on a frosty spotlight fox culling expedition.

BTW did do the daylight fox culling expedition with shotguns and drives, the last fox cull of the season a couple of weekends ago. 51 foxes removed from the farms. No furs unfortunately, as it is too early in the season for a decent winter furs. They are culled now before the young ones get older and smarter and just before the lambing season starts and poison baiting starts on the farms.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com