Rule303
(.416 member)
06/01/21 10:47 AM
Re: Some of the Top Infantry Rifles of all time...

Quote:

Personally I think the Mosin-Nagant rifle would be included. The caliber of the rifle needs to be taken into concideration. Certainly the 7.62x54r cartridge, that is still in service 125 years after its introduction. is tops in its field.

Looking at all the wars and revolutions it had service in. Many of which it was a weapon used by both sides such as the Winter War between Finland and Russia. Also the number of countries that manufactured them.

I would not be surprised if someone claimed that the Mosin-Nagant put more people in their graves than any other rifle.

Just my thoughts is all.

'drif

In fact a 303 calibre. Yes the Mosin-Nagant (Mozzie-Nagant as we some times call it in Aust.) is often over looked. Clunky rifle but it worked in the most extremes of weather.

Any claim of it putting more people in their graves than any other is a big call but probably a fair one, especially when you tie the claim into one calibre as well. The 303 Brit would be up there near it. The M98 wouldn't simply because of the 2 different calibres.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com