NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/09/20 02:43 PM
Re: 222 Remington Rifle Cartridge Family Portrait

Quote:

Much interesting Ripp, thank you very much for sharing this link with us; I have often considered adding a .222 Remington or 5,6x50R rifle to the rack in order to complement the .22 Hornet that I use for varmint shooting but I have until now managed to keep my compulsive buying disorder under control ! That's however a difficult situation and the risk is high that I will succumb one day.
Louis

I will try to be an enabler.

Ustarted off shooting with a .410 side by sude shhotgun with hammers. The a hammered 12 gauge side by side. Also a Lithgow single shot .22 RF with open sights. All my Dad's firearms.

MY first rifle was an Ugly but super accurate Remington 788 in .222. With a Tasco 3-9x scope. Easily shot one hole groups. I used it on rabbits, hare, many foxes, some hoppers, a great many feral goats, some pigs and even a donkey. Not a good donkey choice.

Then acquired one, now two Mauser M03's and a .222 Remington barrel. Maybe a .223 would be more sensible for the one day global apocalypse if it could use mil ammo. But I prefer the .222. I use the M03 .222 as a single shot as the mag spring is stuffed. Needs replacement. I use this rifle now a lot and the Rem 788 has gathered dust for years. It needs to be used again. Using a tripod I could shoot a running hare with it almost.

I have a Martini-Cadet in .222 Rimmed. It NEEDS mounts so can be scoped. Have a handfull of brass and loaded cartridges for it supplied by the seller.

Lastly I have my Tikka 512SD combination barrel set in 12 gauge and .223 Remington. That rifle is accurate, using a lower powered variable scope so can shoot the shotgun using a scope as well.

I always wanted a .17 Remington since the old days of fox fur shooting. They seem to have died out in the press. I probably would go for a .17 Hornet of some sort instead. As they have enough power for the .17 calibre and are better for fur.

I'd love a 5.6x50mm Rimmed double rifle. Like Ahmed's, except for the price tag!

I used a 5.6x50R and .22 Mag double rifle made by "Frankonia" brand, owned by a German guy. It was very nice, accurate in the 5.6mm. Scope was too large but overall would make a nice rifle for small game hunting. I have an article and/or photos somewhere.

Tikka 512 SD in 12 gauge and .223 Remington

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=341307&an=&page=0&vc=1

The other three. The Martini-Cadet in .222 Rimmed. My first owned rifle a Remington 788 in .222 Rem, and one of my Mauser M03's with the .222 Rem barrel in place.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=342158&page=0&fpart=2&vc=1

Contact Us NitroExpress.com