Ripp
(.577 member)
07/06/20 11:21 PM
Re: Mountain Rifles... a brief history....

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Yes Daryl, it's more to do with getting a new one.
I have only ever owned one .270 Win before, and it was only to get the Tikka M65 long action.
I still have the removed barrel ......... but not the the Tikka rifle (in .338 Win Mag).

I have suggested before, that I would like to build up a Mountain Rifle in 6.5 Rem Mag but for whatever reason, I've never done this ........
Maybe some time in the future, with a full size Lone Peak Arms (LPA), Titanium action, and Carbon wrapped barrel?
I remember now, I have tried to get Two x LPA Titanium actions, from the local importer but they never got back to me, and I managed to forget to follow up on this order.

D'oh!
Homer

I built a lightweight rifle last year in 28 Nosler..its not as light as my Rifle's Inc. 280AI ..but still reasonably light --with scope about 7.4 lbs.. starting using it on elk and whitetail deer last fall.. incredible caliber for larger long distance game..using heaving for caliber bullets on elk.. 175 gr ..A-Frames..still gettting around 3150fps with those...worked great---used 162gr Hornady eld-x on whitetail.. close shot.. 142 yards.. blew a good size 2" hole out the other side.. not so impressed with the ELD-X on elk.. was told the ELD-M which is their match bullet actually has a thicker jacket.. have not verified if that is true or not..

Rifle has a Trigger-tech trigger, Defiance action, Proof barrel and carbon fiber CA stock..Put a Leupold Vari-X 5 on it, 3-15.. scope tracks well for dialing..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com