Ripp
(.577 member)
04/06/20 11:52 PM
Re: Mountain Rifles... a brief history....

Quote:

Quote:

And we hope you have quite a few more hunting seasons in your favorite part of the Alps Mr D!
Must be still fit getting up & down those monsters.....whew that is STEEP!
Doesn't matter really on the caliber, good placement will get you over the line every time.
Nothing wrong with the old 6.5x55SE either.
Keep up the good work
Cheers
93x64mm

Mate, not the Alps.

Just had a look at where Joel is located in France. One day I want to visit. Maybe even commission a rifle. And pre-palnning for the "Never Neve" when I get to Europe again and hopefully France. Thought I had in the past already but ... Perpignan, France is on the Mediterranean Coast just North of the Spanish border. On the coastal foothills of the Pyrenees.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Perpignan
A very lovely part of France, I have not yet visited.

Friends in Barcelona across the border used to claim, the beach in the morning and skiing in the mountains in the afternoon.

Joel has the beach and then chamois in the mountains!

My wife and I hunted in those mountains in 2015-- absolutely fantastic trip..one of the best of my life actually..
20151206_142542_resized by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Only thing I would change now is take a 6.5CM if I was to return as its ballistics are so much superior to any other cartridge ever invented..

Kidding of course.. I would continue to use my 280AI.. has never failed..

AS to steep mtns --try hunting in Azerbaijan some time.. have never experienced anything like it ,,,crazy steep...
20160501_174041 by A Hoffart, on Flickr

az by A Hoffart, on Flickr

Contact Us NitroExpress.com