Ripp
(.577 member)
18/02/20 02:55 AM
Re: First-look- Hornady-6.5- PRC -- NEW & yes another 6.5 :)

Quote:

I've been watching this thread for sometime and thought I would interject my thoughts as limited as they might be.
I purchased a 6.5 Creedmoor a year or so past. Its an over the counter Rem 700 tactical, the only thing I've done to it is restock it with a carbon fiber stock and change the trigger. I've been a handloader since the early 1960's and loaded for many different cartridges, I don't believe I have ever found a cartridge easier to load for to achieve pinpoint accuracy. This rifle and cartridge will consistently put three rounds in sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards, and I'm certainly no Chris Kyle.
I have several friends who own this cartridge on different platforms that have expressed the same comments.

Bob

AND there you have it...

What you have found, thousands of others have as well.. a super accurate and easy cartridge..what's not to love???

I was shooting factory 6.5CM ammo recently--granted, in this case it was a custom rifle with a proof barrel..but it was also a trainer..has had thousands of rounds through it.. my first group with that rifle at 100 to check zero was basically a one holer.. Hornady factory ammo--140gr...

NO flies with this one, real or perceived ..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com