Homer
(.416 member)
05/02/20 06:06 PM
Re: Investment cast BRNOs

Quote:

G'Day Fella's

500Boswell, that same post on these Brno's, has been posted on here as well (see below).

My general cut off date, for quality of manufacture and finish, is 1970 but I have seen some later rifles, that still looked very good.

As to the difference between Forged, Bar Stock or Investment Cast made actions ........ all methods have their Pluses and Negative points and they all produce high quality end products but none of these methods, produce poor or bad, modern action designs, when quality control is maintained.

FYI, just in case you didn't know this, so many of Rugers firearm designs, are made by the Investment Cast process.

Hope that help

D'oh!
Homer

G'Day Fella's

Sorry Rhodes, I hope what I wrote above, wasn't interpreted as suggesting Brno actions, are either machined from Forgings, Bar Stock or Investment Castings. I was just suggesting, regardless of the material and method used, the Quality Control is all important. Hence, "the space" between these paragraphs.

To the best of my knowledge, all post ZG47 Brno centrefire actions, are made from Investment Castings.

Rhodes, I hope that clears that up?

Regards
Homer

Contact Us NitroExpress.com