Ripp
(.577 member)
24/01/20 04:25 PM
Re: 27 Nosler....end of the 270 Win.???

Quote:

Quote:

........It's a .270 + 400fps ......over the range most people should be shooting game........

A couple of observations:
1) Even Noslers own reloading data shows the .270 Win can get 2900+ FPS with 150 grain bullets.....yea, maybe factory loads get beaten by 400’/sec....maybe.
2) this new cartridge seems aimed at the crowd that fancies themselves “snipers” at game animals. Like any fad it will fade after awhile, hopefully sooner than later. (700-900 yard sniping is not an ethical way to “hunt” game in my opinion).
- Mike

Agree--shooting animals at 8-900 yards or more is not what I consider hunting.. frankly really surprises me that Nosler come out with this.. the 28 Nosler, based on those I talk to is doing extremely well in both custom and factory built rifles.. the 27 will not match it ballistically.. so, ????

Don't really see it doing anything the 6.5PRC or others are already doing better..

Long range shooting and competitions are going to be around for a while.. it's still a very large and continually growing sport.. classes are full .. products keep coming out..and more and more long distance ranges are becoming available..one in my area is now available to 2000+ Have to be honest, I do love shooting "steel" at long distance..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com