NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
14/10/19 06:17 PM
Re: The Blaser R8 in .45/70 for dangerous game

Quote:

Nitrox said,"Talking about transgender German rifles, these are getting really fricking ugly!"
and I agree. They do resemble plastic toys.
Different strokes for different folks! But not for me.

Now, the thought of their shape making them useful as a crutch, mmm

I was impressing myself, not that hard really, with my turns of phrase last night, "smooth like a super model's thigh", "transgender rifles", "suitable for gelcaps". ha ha. Just all for fun.

While on the subject of Blas(t)ers, or other rifles setup like this, I have a query for anyone who can answer on the suppressors or silencers. How do the full length barrel suppressors work?

I know how normal suppressors on the end of a barrel function. A tube is screwed onto the muzzle. The tube has baffles with a hole in the middle wider than the calibre, allowing the projectile to zip through. The chambers created by the baffles trap muzzle gases and the resultant noise. Reducing the bang of the gases escaping the muzzle. Often only a supersonic crack is heard.

If the "tube" extends down to the chamber of the barrel, are there baffles the full length of the barrel? Are the gases still released at the muzzle but diverted backwards to baffles located backwardd? Or, I doubt it, are there holes in the barrel to allow gases to escape further back than the muzzle?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com