Ripp
(.577 member)
17/09/19 11:42 PM
Re: 375 H&H... Failure again???

Quote:

Yeah a cartridge which has ruled the big game rifle world for over a hundred years and is probably the most common big game rifle chambering is crap, while dozens of wannabes, unknown, dead, deceased, cartridges no one uses, you can't buy as ammo, dies, brass, and no one makes rifles for are the successors.

I think when I hunt in Namibia, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Australia, NT, USA, Alaska, UK, Germany, Sweden, Russia, I think I know which cartridge I would have some chance in acquiring ammo for if ever needed ....

Not a Blaser, not a Dakoka, not a Ultra clean and bright washing powder cartridge, btw do they still exist, don't even hear about them from the magazine touts anymore ....

YES John, they still DO exist --I used my RUM's every year for elk season..
Also have taken my 300RUM on all of my trips to Africa for plains game.. in fact that rifle alone has accounted for 78 head of game in Africa.. and dozens of elk here in the US...

The 375 is crap, plain and simple.. old, slow and pathetically anemic in power.. POS actually...

In all seriousness, given the choice, if SHIT does hit the fan in African or anywhere else, the 375H&H would NOT be my first few choices.. It is a good all around caliber..good plains game rifle actually.. worked great in Cameroon ..and yes, the reason I took it was because of the ammo situation..I knew I was flying through France..so odds are either my gun, ammo or both would not show up..Even though I verified with the attendant at the boarding desk..she confirmed both were on.. NO, not so much..never saw my ammo again..weird.. every time I have flown through France there has been an issue with firearms.. no doubt some liberal douche bag doing their duty to save the world..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com