NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
20/07/19 11:59 AM
Re: 30-06-Springfield-vs-all-other-30s???

Quote:

I have several 30 calibres, my customised Parker Hale .30-06 M98, a barrelled action M98 .30-06, a Tikka/Valmet U/O DR .30-06 barrel set, which I have never used o date. I detest people like that, and I have too many rifles un-used or rarely used. And a .308 BLR.

My M03 8x68S was purchased to replace the .30-06 as my "international hunting rifle" and being a takedown probably will. But not so far. Need a lot more hunting in my life for it to catch up.

BTW I also did have a .30-06 M03 Solid barrel for a period of time. Now owned by another NE member.

AND I did have a Winchester M70 Featherweight in .30-06 for a few months. It was supposed to replace the Parker Hale, but was so incredibly inaccurate. Tried different ammo, special reloads, had it glass bedded, new scope, new mounts, and still shot no better than SIX INCH "GROUPS". It was advertised and sold off without comment, let the buyer beware. Sold it at a big loss. I do hope its new owner found something to fix its problem ... but I think the factory was turning out real crap at the time. No quality control. No doubt the reason the Winchester was sold in a massive sale advertised widely at a cheap price. Winchester and their dealers flogging off crap.

Never owned a Winchester M70 since then.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com