Ripp
(.577 member)
20/06/19 10:23 PM
Re: 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester Debate Settled

Quote:

Quote:

The 6.5x55 seems to do just fine on moose in Sweden ..

I posted the article for a number of reasons. One because I know you like the Creedmoor. Also because the article was mostly written well with good reasoning, good arguments, using logic not unfounded opinion like a lot of lesser articles. But also because one failing of the article was the author's failure to say "why bother with the Creedmoor? Just stick with the original and better choice, the 6.5 Swede!"

I HATE the 6.5mm! Havoing a 6.5x53R, a 6.5x54 M-S, a 6.5x65 RWS, and the 6.5x55, The main one I have used is the 55mm. Need to work on the rest. I still lust after a 6.5x68mm and it still smarts Mauser stopped making a M03 barrel in 68mm. Now they have stopped the 65mm as well, but still do a 55mm barrel I think.

I am not so much a lover of the CM as I am of the 6.5 caliber in general.. the first one I used often was a 6.5/284 in a Cooper rifle..still have it actually.. Really enjoy the 264Win Mag..A LOT.. hits like the proverbial hammer of Thor.. Have taken numerous elk with it.. one or two at very long distances... at least for me... Recently purchased a 6.5PRC that I have not even had the time to put a scope on yet.. is more of a long range "modular" type rifle.. by Christenson Arms.. with a carbon fiber barrel.. so will see, but feel that is actually more of what I am looking for vs the CM...

The first time I ever used a 6.5CM was at a long range shooting school about 5-6 years ago.. was very surprised at its ability to place those bullets with relative easy on targets out to 1000yards..even with a very strong cross wind we were battling the last day of class.. VERY mild recoil for what it does..have seen it take come game.. no problems thus far..

I HATE THE 6.5!!! HA... that would start another 10,000 read post I suppose

As I have stated numerous times, I really don't hate any of them, however do prefer some over others.. just like the .270W, the 308 has never done anything for me..BUT, the few I have used I was very surprised at the accuracy and actual killing power on game..surprising actually...

Contact Us NitroExpress.com