Ripp
(.577 member)
26/04/19 12:19 AM
Re: Honest assessment of the civilian semi auto ...

Quote:

John,
A very quick and admittedly incomplete response:

“..... and when true blue well experienced Aussies soldiers, often still serving or retired in recent years actually comment, they think the civlian armed force against a modern military force is a bit of a joke. .....”

- The Taliban with AK-47’s and IED’s have kept the pressure on modern “Coalition” and the ANA . Iraq was much the same.

What one would have to keep in mind, at least as far as the USA is concerned, is that there would be no guarantee that the full complement of the US Armed Forces would engage in warfare against US Citizens if ordered to do so.
The Oath of Office for all US military officers “swears or affirms” to uphold the “Constitution of the United States”, this is plainly distinct from required allegiance to an anti-Constitutional government administration that would go to war against its citizen populace.

There plausibly could be the occasion where parts of the US military or States National Guard actually oppose the government ordered use of force against the civilian population. ie: civil war.
.......Add to that the sheer numbers of civilians with prior military training.

- Mike

I agree a LOT with this assessment.. throughout the year I have the privilege of talking, training, etc with numerous retired special forces individuals.. based on what I hear, see, etc, there is NO way they would bring arms against their fellow citizens..Oh, I am sure, there would be some in the services that would..but feel the vast majority would not..

Then as mentioned in other posts, the sheer volume of firepower in this country is astounding...millions and millions of firearms... the amount of ammo shot yearly in this country is also a huge number.. 3 gun shoots in most states every weekend.. along with now the ever popular long range competitions..not counting all the other shooting disciplines done daily, weekly, monthly..there programs/competitions have created some very,very well trained shooting groups throughout the US..

Economically, if they start killing off the tax payers, who is going to supply them with all the funds the liberals need to give free shit away??

Personally, I am not buying into the notion this will/could happen anytime soon... a more pressing issue in this nation is the wackos on the left, liberalism, etc... severe cultural divide ..that currently has a much more probability of happening and causing civil disturbance.. which is a very good reason to keep buying ammo.. reloading..etc... if shit were to hit the fan in this country, personally I don't think the lib's will fair so well..but, that is a decision they will have to make ..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com