NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
25/04/19 08:12 PM
Re: Honest assessment of the civilian semi auto ...

Quote:

In regards effectiveness of military, I always remember an area we use to hunt deer in up one of the big rivers in the Canterbury high country. We used to trail bike in, had a hideaway bivvy built with access through swamp and tucked in under a terrace in scrub country. We would evening shoot and then spotlight all night in the National Park. One trip we came across an army unit undertaking exercises in the area and camped right next to our bivvy access way. We did a roundabout route to the bivvy, set up then headed out for the evening and night. Got a few deer and ran into the army boys on the way back to camp. They were bemoaning the fact they had tried to get a deer (ambushing in their words) but just couldn't get on to any. Couldn't figure out where we were camped and how we moved around without them seeing us. As armed civilians we could have wrecked some havoc if so disposed.

From my hunting with a couple of army mates decades ago, I came to believe most military procedures are designed for the most stupid and incapable member of the unit to cope with.

At least for the ordinary soldier and unit.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com