Ripp
(.577 member)
06/02/19 01:04 AM
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering?

Quote:

Disposable rifles for the ''Well to Do''

-- the last I checked, parts if needed, were still available..so no need to be disposed of, just repaired as do some of the 2-3 lifetime guns need...

Reading all the posts, IMHO, people are looking for flies where there aren't any...but, hey, feel free to comment and enjoy reading this post. Been quite entertaining actually..

I used a R8 while hunting in Spain..performed perfectly..no issues of any kind..no lost magazines, triggers, slings, stocks, bolts, etc... harvested numerous types of game throughout the country.. zero problems... come back home and bought the exact same model for myself.. I will say you do see quite a few while out there will doing mountain hunts..have not seen many or any for that matter in Africa on my travels..have seen them in Alaska..and in the "stan" countries often.. easy to travel with and the easy of caliber change.. met one guy in Alaska..told me he had something like 17 different barrels for his..had traveled the world hunting with it..again, no issues...

Oddly, the only 2 rifles I have actually ever had to take to a gunsmith for repair, as in they were not functioning correctly, were both built on mauser actions.. so....there you have it..none are infallible. At least in my experience..

BTW, Greg, my wife likes her .270...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com