Rod4861
(.300 member)
04/02/19 04:53 PM
Re: Blaser Rifles:Are they more marketing than engineering?

Quote:

Quote:

If you don't like Blasers..buy something you do like. Life is too short to waste talking about things you don't like or appreciate !

Cheers
Rod

Quote:

Its fine for people to have and express their opinion but it would help if those doing so were speaking from first hand experience. Most of the negative comments regarding the R8 start with "I've got a mate who heard.........."

I find it "quaint" when posters try to bully off anyone who will make negative comments right from the beginning ... and keep trying to do it.

Now someone doesn't have to buy something they feel is not worth buying, to make a comment on it. And yes, one does not have to buy one, to handle one, try one, and also listen to knowledgeable persons. Owners who have had one and got rid of it. Or sometimes even like them.

Quote:

The magazines/trigger housing does not have to be removed when traveling and or for storage in Queensland. And I know for a fact that it is not a requirement for overseas travel to the USA and NZ from Australia. I seriously doubt if it is required in any Australian State..

I suggest you do some research before travelling and maybe putting your beliefs to the test.

And in any case, a magazine is removed. Can be removed. Is removed. If it has a trigger connected on it, can be lost. And is lost.

"Ghay". That was a joke by the poster.

Now back again to th opening question. Is it marketing or engineering? Obviously both. Modern over engineered. And huge amounts of marketing to sell them. Buying several other makers and brands, many much better, to add to the stable.

Now I did have a joke, about how God would have designed the human body if he was a Blaser engineer, but I will reserve that one.

Now I like over one hundred year old designed rifle. And my ideal ideal take down would be a Mauser 98 with the locking lug collar on the removable barrel, not the action. But cost is a factor to actually buy.

Now if you can't handle other peoples opinions, get over it.

There is nothing wrong with people having and expressing opinions, even those that differ from mine. And I’d suggest that there is also nothing wrong with correcting inaccuracies in comments. Some may even consider that “quaint” but I doubt that many would consider it “bullying”.

In relation to your comment that magazines must be removed for travel. That comment is incorrect.

Finally, Rule 303 and I are mates. We take the piss out of each other all the time. Perhaps we need a stirring icon to avoid confusion by those not in the know. Considering he shoots a 270, owns a Land Rover, drinks cheap nasty piss and can't keep a secret concerning arseless chaffs; I'm surprised I even speak to him (stirring icon needed)

Cheers

Rod

Contact Us NitroExpress.com