9.3x57
(.450 member)
03/02/19 12:59 AM
Got a Sauer 100? Step Inside...

OK, so I bought a Sauer 100 in 9.3x62. Have gobs of 9.3 bullets and just decided to get a rifle to put them thru since I got rid of my x57's a few years ago and only use my 16-inch barreled CZ 9.3x62 for bear. Just wanted another 9.3 in rifle form for a few extra inches of barrel and after a disaster w/ a Mauser, decided on the Sauer on a lark. I usually do NOT go for oddball-engineered rifles but this one I decided to take a risk on.

At present I am just about finished with working up a load using some military surplus powder and...dare I say it...I REALLY like this thing.

The stock design is genius tho it really doesn't look like anything special unless you really squint and look closely. But from heel to comb it slopes down, and when shooting, it leaves the face immediately on blastoff, removing all felt recoil from the face. This is good, since the synthetic-stocked model I have weighs about 3 pounds with a full magazine, sling, Warne mounts and scope plus a six-pack of beer duct-taped on the muzzle.

OK, that might be a slight exaggeration. In reality, it goes 7 pounds all up. Still pretty light for a 9.3x62.

At this point I really wish I they made them in Southpaw version but in spite of the bolt being on the wrong {right} side, since it is 60-degree and hangs lower in battery, is very easy to grab with the right {left} hand.

Anybody else have one?

Problems? Likes/Dislikes?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com