Sarg
(.400 member)
02/02/19 07:59 AM
Re: How to build an all purpose rifle

Only on a couple of animals Ripp & they killed a little better than the TSX but nearly ever decent bullet kills well in the 06, need a bigger sample !

I haven't used the 280AI but thought it would be great in a Super Light Mountain rifle, near 7mm Mag performance & low recoil (seem to feel it now), would be no better than the 300RUM just recoil would be less, only a Big 338 is better than a big .30, the RUM with the Great A-Frames is a awesome round, so are .300Win & Weatherby I have used them & seen them used by my hunters a lot, I shot Brown, Grizzly (Inland Brown) & lots of Black Bears with the .300Win & 200gr NP but feel the 06 would have done the same with a lighter rifle & more rounds in the mag !

Could even get factory loaded Hornady Light Mag doing 2900fps, not that I really used it much, but shows what can be done with the 06 case, even factory loaded !

If I had the opportunities of Ripp to hunt that expensive Exotic/MT Game I would have a big .300 or .338 to (I mean we aren't eating them or at least shooting for meat) I think a light weight .338 & use it all the time so I know the rifle when that $30,000 to $85,000 Ram/Billy came into view !

Contact Us NitroExpress.com