9.3x57
(.450 member)
31/01/19 10:01 AM
Re: .30-30 in Africa..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lots of swedes have used the 6,5x55 for moose. I have often wondered how long the moose ran before dropping.

This listing has been kicked around for many years. Not sure the original source of it.

http://www.kifaruforums.net/archive/index.php/t-10343.html

I have never killed a moose but if interpolating results on elk and deer mean anything, I see no reason to doubt its accuracy.

I have seen that list and somehow it doesn`t make sence intirely..

I don't have much to gripe about pertaining to the calibers that have substantial representation. It's hard to make anything of those that are cited infrequently.

I've killed elk with the .375 H&H Mag, .30-06, 9.3x57, 6.5x55, 7x57 and .264 Win Mag and deer with many calibers from 6.5x55 to .375. To be honest, I can't say I've seen a significant difference between any of them. Hit right they drop or run a bit. Hit badly and they run a lot.

Years ago Finn Aagaard stated that he couldn't see much difference on medium game shot with the .375 and other common smaller calibers {.270, .30-06, etc}. He had vastly more experience than me, but I don't have any experience that would call his judgment on that score into question.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com