Pottsy
(.224 member)
29/05/05 01:04 PM
Re: the worlds best rifle

500Nitro : Wrote

I have to differ - the 9.3 x 64B is great with 320gn bullets - it adds additional punch
to the 286gn bullets.

The 320gn, although designed for a double rifle works well on large game incl DG.

It is not designed to shoot to 300 - 400 metres.
----------------------------------------------------
While all this is well and good the Springfield i use as a work gun does not and can not chamber up a bullet that is that long unless i want to drop the powder charge down to the point were it serves no purpose to shoot the rifle
The springfield action is not long eoungh to handle long bullets that was my point .
My other 9.3x64 B can handle heavier bullets but what i have been shooting with it for 30 years are Couger and Elk
and neither game animals really require a bullet over 280 grains to kill which is why i use a diffrent rifle to hunt in the brush.
I use my GS for the brush .Its short and quick to point up
and i make 300 grain thin walled jacketed for those light skinned game .

Were i live there is no need for heavy weight bullet in my 9.3x64 all i every hunt with them are the coastal deer and couger and Elk.
If i were to go on a real DG hunt for african Lion i dont know if even then i would use a heavy bullets in my 9.3x64
the PH's i have talked to dont seem to think its required
and i make and sell them my bullets
Last person i made 9.3's for was Bill Warren and although i have not heard back yet from him it seems he likes a smaller weigh .
But then again i have not have the fun of hunting in africa
so i will leave it to those that have .

Thanks for the feed back 500Nitro

Ed Hubel said he would post up some picture of my .700 diameter bullets i made for him would that be ok if on a diffrent post i put up those pictures ?

Thanks again for letting on the board guys.
P.S

500Nitro wrote :

It is not designed to shoot to 300 - 400 metres.
----------------------------------------------
Thats why i make a 280 grain rebaited boattail
although it may not be a super long range bullet it does lenghten out the distance a person can shoot

Once again guys thanks for letting me post up on your board

Contact Us NitroExpress.com