rpeck
()
18/12/18 09:16 PM
CZ 550 fullstock rifles

I see that several CZ dealers in NOrth America now claim the CZ550 fullstock rifles are no longer being imported. I am not sure if they are still being manufactured on a perhaps limited basis because I know several European arms companies make fullstock rifles exclusively for the European market (Tikka for instance) and their North American importers will not order them.

I have owned a couple of new CZ 550 fullstock rifles in the last few years but sold them because of the awkward bulky stocks and the indifferent quality of the walnut. However, I recently picked up a CZ550 FS in 9.3x62 dated 2007 and it has a much leaner factory stock, a narrow grip and great wood.I wonder if this was an option or an older type of stock? Or did CZ simply switch to a different stock supplier?

Can anyone give me a rough date in the last ten years when CZ began stocking the 550 with the bulkier stocks? This must have contributed to poor sales. I know several people who ordered the rifle and were very disappointed in the stock when it arrived. And they ended up selling them because of the stock. Most people who want a fullstock rifle, want a trim handy carbine.

Its as if CZ decided to speed up production by just not finishing the carving of the stocks. It feels like the stocks are a 1/2 inch thicker than they need to be in all dimensions. I have big hands and the stocks still seemed bulky. The pistol grips were huge and at least an inch longer than necessary. No wonder they didn't sell (I assume thats the reason for the decision to no longer import them.)

The first two photos are of the recent bulky stocks and the last two are of my slim stock version.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com