Ripp
(.577 member)
27/11/18 08:55 AM
Re: Can- the 264-Winchester-mag -rise-from-dead?? by Spoomer

Quote:

I have always wanted a 264 WM on a Model 70 which with today's powders and projectiles makes a for a great cartridge. It is now where it should have been then as far as performance goes.

Even if you were to only get 1500 rounds out of a barrel under normal hunting conditions that wouldn't matter a shit, it would last a lifetime.

I have a several cartridges with belts and I have never found that it made any difference to feeding or function or reloading. If the guns is set up correctly they work perfectly and I get many re-loads from my brass.

Tinker, looking forward to seeing your rifle especially the stock finish.

Matt.

Well, YOUR dreams can come true..see below, Winchester is once again producing a 264W Mag in the model 70, with controlled round feed...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/r...uper-grade.html

As to rounds, totally agree, it wont matter jack, with the better metals of today, better powders and bullets, would be a minimum of 2000 rounds... I had over 1200 in my 300RUM --and had that thing heated more than once..burning up way more powder -had it borescoped..NO issues at that point..

Think as the article stated, those less than ideal conditions of shooting rapid succession shots on varmints will ruin any barrel.. The 264W got a bad rap in the onset with many, now today without researching actual facts, some feel there's an issue where there isn't one.. IMHO of course..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com