Ripp
(.577 member)
26/09/18 11:35 PM
Re: Head to head comparison--7x57mm-mauser-vs-7mm-08-Rem.

Quote:

I have had a 7-08 before and can mention that I miss the caliber to the extent that it is east to shot, that is enough for everything in Sweden, but maybe not optimal for the bear.
But I've shot a lot of fellowdeer, roedeer and boar with it and nothing has complained.

I had Nosler AccuBond 140 gr as my standard load, that bullet worked well every time.

----

Almost without exception, that is the report I get from those who have used the 7-08.. I personally know a guy who started all his kids using that caliber for elk..worked very very well..personally think its a very good caliber..

In regards to the Nosler Accubond, I have had very good success with that same bullet in my 280AI for sheep/goats around the planet..have used it on Rocky MTN. Big Horn, 4 Ibex and a Tur...

Its a great bullet for normal to slower velocity calibers... NOT so much for high velocity ultra-mag type..as least that has been my experience..think anything above 3100fps in MV and you start to test that bullets limits..experienced it first hand in Africa shooting 180's out of my 300RUM..switched to 200gr Swift A-Frames after..worked extremely well..have used them in that rifle since, for everything from bear in NA to Eland and Zebra in Africa..

Thank you for your post

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com